- Only (1) one person may be buried in a burial space except for; a mother and infant or (2) two children buried at the same time or (1) one person and (1) one cremain.
- Only (4) four cremains are allowable per burial space.
- Not less than a 36-hour notice shall be given in advance of any time of any funeral to allow for the opening of the burial space.
- The appropriate permit for the burial space involved, together with the appropriate identification of the person to be buried therein, where necessary, shall be presented to either the cemetery sexton or the Dayton Township Treasurer or designee prior to interment. Where such permit has been lost or destroyed, the Dayton Township Treasurer or designee shall be satisfied, from his or her records, that the person to be buried in the burial space is an authorized and appropriate one before any interment is commenced or completed.
- No lot shall be used for any purpose than the burial of the human deceased.
The Dayton Township Clerk or designee shall maintain records concerning all burials, issuance of burial permits, and any perpetual care fund, separate and apart from any other records of Dayton Township and the same shall be open to public inspection at all reasonable business hours.
EFFECTIVE DATE OF POLICY
Effective date of this policy shall be upon adoption by the Dayton Township Board.
Dayton Township Cemeteries Policy Adopted by Dayton Township Board October 01, 2011.
DAYTON TOWNSHIP CEMETERY GROUNDS MAINTENANCE POLICY - EFFECTIVE APRIL 2001
- NO BUSHES, PLANTS, SHRUBS, OR TREES SHALL BE PLANTED without the approval of the cemetery Sextonor the Township Treasurer. The Township or the Sexton may remove any of the foregoing items planted without such approval.
- THE TOWNSHIP RESERVES THE RIGHT RIGHT to remove or trim any bush, plant, shrub, or tree located within the cemetery in the interest of maintaining proper appearance and the use of the cemetery.
- THE SEXTON SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT to remove and dispose of any and allGROWTH, EMBLEMS, DISPLAYS, OR CONTAINERS therefore, that through deterioration and damage, or are otherwise unsightly, become a source of litter or a maintenance problem.
- RUBBISH, WASTE & REFUSE OF ANY KIND MUST BE REMOVED FROM PREMISES,including but not limited to artificial floral displays, wreaths, grave blankets, wire & plastic display brackets, flower containers and papers.
- GLASS RECEPTACLES ARE NOT ALLOWED
- ARTIFICIAL FLORAL DISPLAYS ARE NOT PERMITTED April 1 through November 1, unless placed securely in a vase permanently fastened to the monument, or in an urn capable of withstanding the elements.
- WINTER DECORATIONS MAY BE MAINTAINED November 1 through April 1.
CEMETERY HOURS: HOURS OF CEMETERY OPERATION SHALL BE FROM DAWN TO DUSK
****** For a complete list of rules and regulations, Contact the Dayton Township Treasurer.