Proposed Meeting Minutes
July 2, 2018
1. Meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m. with the pledge to the flag. Members Bob Cook, Eleanor Kilmer, Tony Shaver, Bob Steele and Greg Lotter were present
2. Minutes: from the June 4, 2018 meeting were motioned for approval by Steele and seconded by Lotter. Motion Carried.
3. Public Comment: There was discussion about dismissal of civil rights lawsuit against township in federal court. Kevin Daley was present and spoke. There was discussion about the need for townships to stick together and stop State from taking over our assessing and eventually townships. Townships know their assessed values the best. Our assessor gave her input on the issue.
A.County Commissioner: No Report
B.Ambulance: No Report
C. Library - Mayville: Gail read minutes. Watercolor painting classes coming. Summer reading programs start July11th. Grant money added to budget. Creating more programs to encourage library usage. Millage set for December taxes at .7408. Comment was made that library was jewel of Mayville
D. Library - Kingston: No Report
E. Planning Commission: Travis reported on meeting 2 weeks ago. They began their review. Only finished 1 part. 4 people will be attending training on July 19th in Frankenmuth.
F. Zoning Administrator: 2 land divisions, 4 dwellings, and a pole barn
G. Blight Enforcement Officer: No Report
H. Cemetery: It has been a quiet month.
I. Assessor: Had discussion during public comment
J. Trustee: Mowing is needed, Brine will be done soon, graders came from Vassar
a. Roads: Big tube was completed on Mayville Road, there is a patch needed on Phelps Lake Road
b. Shay Lake Bridge: Set back due to no one wanting to bid on the contract due to the depth of the muck
6. Treasurer: Tax payments have begun to come in. As of June 4th we had a balance of $309,713.90. Income for the month was $28,492.72 mostly revenue sharing. Expenses $25,555.78. Ending balance. $312,650.84. The audit is being done tomorrow. Eleanor will be bringing books tomorrow to auditors. There is an audit competed every 2 years.
7. Clerk: Invoices and Payroll to be paid totaling $26.567.87 checks #8052-8074. Motion made by Lotter, seconded by Steele to pay bills. Motion carried. Audit will be done tomorrow and we have been giving them information. We received a FOIA request and it was completed.
8. Unfinished Business: Bob asked board their thoughts on holding off on making the large insurance payment (estimated around $20,000). Board agreed we should wait to pay until next month to give us time to look it over.
9. New Business: No new business
Motion to adjourn the meeting made by Bob Steele, the motion carried and meeting was adjourned at 8:00 p.m.